Saving Gnome Terminal settings

Undoubtedly the answer to this question exists in this list's archives,
but since doing a search on gnome.org in the gnome-list email list for
the keywords "gnome terminal" returns zero matches, I suspect the search
engine there is hosed.  Heck, I even did a search on just "*terminal*",
and nothing showed up...that can't be right...but this is a problem for
another day.

What I'd like to know is how do I save settings for the Gnome Terminal?
In particular I wish to save the "Swap Delete/Backspace" option.  I am
currently running the latest stable Ximian, with everything as
up-to-date as RedCarpet will allow.  I don't mind if I need to create a
text config file, although it seems to me that this shouldn't be
necessary.

Thanks in advance.

-EJR