Gnome roaming-user client replace Netscape function. Why not create one?

I deeply regret Mozilla does not have roaming user client
capability.  That feature in Netscape has greatly simplified my
life!

Does anybody know if it is possible to make a gtk/gnome
application to sync bookmark files with a roaming user server?
Could we take the source code for Netscape and cut steal that
thing that Netscape does at start time and put it into a stand
alone application?  Currently, I'm using the mod-roaming pluggin
for apache without much complication.

IT seems like such an obvious need for the ordinary user.
--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ukans edu
Dept. of Political Science