Blinky terminals and stubborn Sawfish theme

Hi;

I'm having a couple of odd problems with my Gnome installaion:

- When Nautilus is running, my Eterm windows blink about once every
1.5 seconds. I'm running Eterm with a transparent background (so it
shows the desktop background image); if I switch to a normal
background image, it's fine.

- I experimented with the Glass Sawfish theme and decided it wasn't
for me, but now I can't switch away from it. When I change themes in
gnome-config, it works fine, but when I exit X and come back in, it's
back to the old theme.

many thanks,
--
-Chip Olson. | ceo at shore dot net
"You ask me why we celebrate, when nothing has been won;