Re: ee should be replaced by gqview
- From: Bart Kuik <kuik rendo dekooi nl>
- To: Miles Lane <miles megapathdsl net>
- Cc: Marius Andreiana <mandreiana rdsnet ro>, pauljohn ukans edu, "gnome-list gnome org" <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: ee should be replaced by gqview
- Date: 21 Apr 2001 19:40:36 +0000
On 21 Apr 2001 10:20:21 -0700, Miles Lane wrote:
> On 21 Apr 2001 19:34:02 +0300, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> > > I think the Gnome distribution should dump ee and replace by gqview. It
> > Who uses ee ?
> > How about eog (embedded in nautilus and standalone) ? That should be
> > _the one_.
> eog has no image browsing capability. I never use it.
What about Nautilus' image browsing (after the index-thumbnails are made
it works quite fast) and Eog as standard imageviewer in Nautilus?. It
works really great for me, and I think that one thing that must be
avoided in a good desktop is redundancy, multiple apps that all do the
same thing. A standard installation should provide one app for every
task, and something like bonobo to embed the app where it's useful, ie
as viewer in Nautilus, so that the user gets the same app every time for
a specific filetype.
] [Thread Prev