no printer

yes printer ;))..geez

anyway as it turns out the dain thing wasn't working in windows either.
( i haven't printed for sometime but last i knew ( which wasn't long ago
at all ) it worked fine so.......)

......i must have messed with ( its been long few weeks between
work/cold/you name it :) ) with bios as i went in and altered few things
and it finally printed in windows.......alas it does as well in:

mandrake 7/kde2.0  ( prefer gnome but like both for various reasons!!!--
but ximian update screwed up on me and i no longer have gdm but working
on it --its no longer in gui login screen go fig..)

i would very likely have been trying redhat 7.1 but i could never find a
working ftp.redhat.com OR any mirror site working that HAD iso
images......geesh so mandrake got my business and i'm considering suse
as well.........

so shoot me at dawn  :)geez...anyway thanks for everyones write-ins
about this mess i'm glad to have print going again and with cups no

latre
lee
-====