Re: no printer

I found some things on the internet after my printer stopped working due to a Redhat update while using RedHat7.0:

Basically the kerberos system screwed up some things, You can get this all working again if you update the latest ldp packages as well as the kerberos packages available with up2date (Redhat updater). Or you could just re-install krb5-libs as I did.

-- Here are my notes: ----------------------------------------------------------
Problem:
 after upgrading a kerberos file from redhat update the printer did not
 work any more "stat problem":
 # /usr/sbin/lpd
 /usr/sbin/lpd: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/sbin/lpd: undefined symbol: stat

	ldd /usr/sbin/lpd  to see which libraries are needed

Solution:
  from original CD 1 of Redhat 7.0
     rpm -ivh krb5-libs-1.2.1-8.i386.rpm --force

== Here are notes from the internet: ==================================
Stephen Boulet wrote:

> I have an Epson stylus color 800 on my Mandrake 7.0 system. Using
> printtool, I can print out the postscript and ascii test pages, but
> printing a pdf file through kghostview gives me a message on the
> sheet of paper from the printer:
>
> No way to print this type of file: PDF document, version 1.2.

    That's not a 'native' format. If you'll open it in xpdf first, THAT
will turn it into postscript for ya. There's probably some other way in
the works, but that's the way I print'em here.
In article <99v04l$fa$1 news abdn ac uk>, "Mike Player"
<m player abdn ac uk> wrote:

> Dear All - I have just applied RHSA-2001-025 (Kerberos 5 and
> pam_krb5 packages) to Redhat 7.0 and, I believe as a
> consequence of this, the printer system now will not work. For
> instance, lpq produces "error while loading shared libraries:
> lpq: undefined symbol: stat", and an attempt to restart lpd
> produces a similar result. System is otherwise working without
> problems and has all current security and bug fix updates.
> Anyone else seen this and/or have a fix? - Thanks, Mike Player.

I had the same problem.  Just remove krb5-devel and krb5-libs,
and reinstall the old krb5 files from the RedHat CD

LPD can be restarted with /etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd start
--
Cathy
Kingston, ON