Re: New Monitor SETTING

cachemonet linuxfreemail com wrote:

> I have a new monitor that I want to use.. in the gnome desktop, where do I go to change the monitor settings.. ie refresh rate, screen resolution, etc.. thanks!!!
>
> Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
> Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!

That would be in /etc/Xf86Config I don't think Gnome has a utility to do this.

This file is very hard to edit if you don't know what you are doing...

There is also a utility called xvidtune that may help...

If you post the specs of your monitor and which version of X you are useing, someone may have a file that can do the job.

John