Re: Stopping gnome-session from loading apps on startup?

Hi!

This is because the session has been saved with all these programs
running. You can start your session, close all applications, choose
"Save Current Session" in Settings->Session.

To stop it from automatically save the session again open "Session
Properties & Startup Programs" in the Control Center.
Under Options there is a check box "Automatically save changes to
session". Make sure it's not marked. You can also make sure no programs
that you don't want are under the "Startup Programs"-tab.

Good luck!

Regards,
Mikael Hallendal