GDK-ERROR with gnome-1.4

Hello

I just upgraded to gnome 1.4 an now every single gnome-app I trie is crashing
with tiring regularity, about once a minute. From the (new) panel to pan.

The console always shows an error message like this:
Gdk-ERROR **: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)

I compiled the libs an apps myself an a SuSE 7.1 system, and I don't have the
faintest idea how I managed that an how I can get back to a working desktop,
aside from downgrading!

Bye

--
Martin Kaletsch