Re: intl directory in CVS sources

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 02:15:49PM +0200 or thereabouts, Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> Stephen Browne wrote:
>
> > This can happen if you do a `make uninstall` of a project.
> > It goes and uninstalls gettext.
> > Its really frustrating when you don't know what happened.
>
> ? This does not happen on my system (debian 2.2).

make uninstall from tarballs is fine; but make uninstall from CVS can
indeed do this. It used to happen on my RH box (haven't checked for a
while) and I believe it happened on at least some Mandrakes too. Using
rpm -V gettext was an education: 20 files missing from /usr/share !

Perhaps rpm and dpkg it differently, or perhaps it's only some CVS
apps, or...

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ will tell you more: it comes up on
this list and gnome-devel-list in particular.

Telsa