Re: Linux hangs...

I am having a similar experience, in GNOME, after
upgrading to the latest releases (1.4).  If I leave
the machine running GNOME for a few days (with GNOME
and X Windows controlling the console, of course), the
machine tends to lock up and requires rebooting.  My
kernel is Linux 2.4.2ac20. This does not happen before
with GNOME 1.2.

The machine log (/var/log/messages) shows, as the last
thing before the forced reboot, "kernel: Out of
Memory: Killing process NNNNN (xteevee)" where NNNNN
is a process id.  Xteevee is a module of the screen
saver (Xscreensaver).  I don't know if that has
anything to do with the lock up.