Re: kdm (kde) and gnome

I tried this and it didn't work.  Gnome failed to come up.  Doesn't bode
well but it's probably a configuration problem on my side.

-- John

On 9 Apr 2001, Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On 09 Apr 2001 14:09:11 -0400, John Nelson wrote:
>
> > I wonder, what would you do if you didn't have the session menu at the
> > long prompt?  Without the login panel (just the traditional text-based
> > login).
>
> You'd put this as last line in $USER/.xsession file:
>
> "exec kde2" or
> "exec gnome-session"
>
> respectively (without quotation marks), then startx would start one or
> the other

John T. Nelson                   Lexonia Internet Services LLC
email: jnelson lexonia com       PO Box 9007
web:   http://www.lexonia.net/   McLean VA, 22102

                Lexonia Internet Services
        Your choice for affordable web hosting, email
                  and dedicated servers