Re: kdm (kde) and gnome

What he was trying to say is that if you are using gdm as your login manager, you
should be able to select KDE as your desktop BEFORE you login in.  So when you
first boot up your computer you should see a login dialog box that has a picture
on the left side (if you are using a stock RedHat 7.0 install it should be a
picture of a guy in a red hat standing in a crowd of people), and a login box on
the right side.  If you look up at the top of the dialog box, you'll see a
"Session" menu.  Click on that and as long as you installed KDE, you'll see KDE
as an option.  For example, mine says (in order), Last, Default, KDE, Gnome,
Xsession.  I usually log in to a Gnome session, so Last points to Gnome.  In your
case, select the "KDE" option, then enter your username and password and you will
be using KDE.  Then anytime you log out and log back in you will be using KDE,
unless you select a different session manager from the list before you log in.

Hope this helps, let us know if you don't see this dialog box, since you might be
using kdm (or something else) as your display manager, but I think RedHat 7.0
installs gdm as your display manager by default.

Sean