From: Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero [mailto:famrom idecnet com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2000 5:30 PM
To: Christopher Hahn
Cc: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: Re: gdm not operating as xdm did....

CHahn peregrine com (2000-09-28 at 1716.30 -0700):
> I started using gdm to log into my linux box, but I
> find that it is not handling XDMCP connections as
> xdm, which I was using before, did properly.

GDM != XDM.

> I notice in my process list that gdm was started with
> the flag "-nodaemon".  Is this the culprit?  Where is this
> config controlled?  I find no reference to this flag under
> /etc/X11, which is where I expected it.

For GDM you normally (at least Red Hat and similars) will have to look
/etc/inittab and /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf. IMO the nodaemon is not
important most of times, but wrong config, non supported feature or
bug.

If you are trying indirect queries with XDMCP, it is normal to have
problems: GDM does not support them, only local and direct.

Next time describe you system and what you are exactly doing, so we
can help better.

GSR