gnome-session segfault after power outage

My office had a power outage yesterday, and Gnome no longer works.  I get
an error dialog saying that gnome-session has had a segmentation
fault.  I've tried removing all the dot files in my home directory, but no
luck.  Is there anything that might have gotten messed up in a power
outage?  The power goes out all the time at home, but Gnome has always
recovers fine there.

This is a Mandrake 7.1 system with the stock Gnome (gnome-session
1.1.9) -- think upgrading might do something?

Please help!  AfterStep is not bad, but I miss my old desktop.

Thanks
Adam