Re: Problems with libunicode 0.4 (was Re: gnome-print problem)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, John Gotts wrote:

> >> About 3.
> >> The one you want is the gnome CVS one.
> >> I dunno if it has a webpage.
>
> >I had 'issues' with the gnome CVS one :)
>
> I've put my patch against 0.4 (which is based upon the CVS tree, but does not
> contain any source code changes) online:
>
> http://linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts/libunicode.patch
>
> The gist of the patch is an updated toplevel Makefile.am, configure.in,
> libunicode.spec.in, and unicodeConf.sh.in, but my patch also updates libtool,
> autoconf, etc. in the process, so it's a bit large.  Somebody should release
> 0.4a with this patch.

I think some people are opposed to such a release because basically the
libunicode library is deprecated for the 2.0 platform - Some people are
opposed to making libunicode a dependancy in the GNOME 1.4 platform, only
to remove it for GNOME 2.0

SOme people are suggesting using th Glib unicode stuff (in a seperate
library) for GNOME 1.4 - Havoc would be a better person to ask on this
issue.

Regards,
Ali