blank icons

Some of my users' icons are now blank....Some are fine...I'm running redhat 6.2 and the version of gnome that comes with it....The users home directory is being nfs mounted....Everything was working fine Friday and has happened all of the sudden...I tried deleting the .enlightment directory and the .gnome directory in the /home/"user" (for the users that were having problems), but it didn't fix anything...Any ideas?....Any help would be greatly appreciated.