Re: go gnome install

Hartnett wrote:

> For some reason the install program is complaining that I do not have enough disk space.
> It states that I could use a "-d" option to specify a directory.
> How exactly is this option used in the "lynx -source..." script to specify a download directory?
>
>                                         Thanks
>                                         Sean
> --
> ICQ# 10073477           http://people.ne.mediaone.net/tardis/index.html
>
> Allow me to introduce my selves.

I had the same problem trying to do telephone 'tech' support with my
brother.  If you have broken up your hard drive into the 'generally'
recommended sizes, your /tmp directory will be fairly small (unless you
gave it it's own partition).  On my machine I avoided the problem by
having a large / partition.

Anyway, you will save much frustration by just downloading everything
manually, and then typing

rpm -Uvh *.rpm

in whatever directory you downloaded into.

Cheers
-Ben