Re: gdm overwriting my .xsession

Todd> OK, I am going insane. I think that gdm is overwriting my
Todd> .xsession file. All I know is that every time I edit .xsession
Todd> it gets overwritten with the same thing. The only line in it is
Todd> exec enlightenment. It might not be gdm but I don't know what
Todd> else is could be.

GDM doesn't do it for sure.

It might be the Mandrake session scripts, though.  I'm not intimately
familiar with that distribution so you'll have to go look for
yourself.  The scripts reside in /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/.

--
Martin K. Petersen      Cereal Bowl Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
http://mkp.net/         SGI XFS, Linux/PA-RISC, GNOME