Re: Wheel mice and Gnome-terminal?

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 12:48:25PM -0700, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> I'm on a FreeBSD system running XFree86-4.0.1, with just about
> everything updated. Recently I got my wheelmouse to work in X-Windows,
> via 'imwheel' along with options for `ZAxisMapping 4 5`, in my config
> file. And it works just fine for most applications (and since I only run
> GTK+ applications, if I can help it, I havn't had to fiddle with much
> .Xdefaults/etc)... except it completely fails in gnome-terminal.
>
> The wheel produces ~'s when I move it up or down in the terminal. Anyone
> have any idea how to fix this?

I use a wheel mouse, but I do not use imwheel.  gnome-terminal has
native support for wheel mouse, and looks for buttons 4 and 5.  If I
recall correctly, imwheel simulates keypresses from the scroll wheel.  I
suspect that this is what is causing the problem.  Not sure what the fix
is, other than to stop using imwheel.  I could, of course, be barking up
entirely the wrong tree having never used imwheel...

Paul