Systemwide default GNOME configuration

Hello,

I am searching about how to define a systemwide default configuration
for gnome. I have configured a test account and want to use this
configuration a a systemwide default configuration. Unfortunately the configuration
is machine-dependent (use of remote-shells and X11-DISPLAY-variables) so I
can't copy it into the users home-directory.
I was searching the internet and the mailing-list and found nothing.
I tried to copy the default configuration to the following places witch
seemed reasonable to me:
/opt/gnome/shared/gnome
/etc/skel/.gnome
/usr/shared/gnome
/usr/X11R6/shared/gnome
After logging in into a new account my own default configuration does not
appear. Any idea?

Best regards,

Willy Witzig