Silence & control-panel sound capplet crash

I tried to stop gtk to make sounds for some events. So I created a
small short nosound.wav and put in /usr/share/sounds/. To trouble is that
it didn't work. The speakers where sparkling and makeing noices. It seems
like there is a bug in esound with shourt samples. I created a longer
silent sample and now that part works.

The other part is if you have entries in .gnome/sound/events/* that have
no wav-file on the hard-disk then the sound capplet (controlpanel
applet) crashes. For example if you put

[clicked]
file=no_fil.wav

in the .gnome/sound/events/gtk-events.soundlist file. Same thing if you
try to disable the sound with

[clicked]
file=

Shouldn't there be abutton to turn of a sound if you would like to not
have a sound. Now you can turn of all sounds or none.

/Dennis