Re: bonobo library hell

In message <E13p6ZN-000J7N-0W anchor-post-32 mail demon net>, root writes:

> I am getting library hell with bonobo
>  am using evolution 6 so I need v23
>  want to install gnome-db which needs v18
>  will probably want to install thenext nautilus which uses v25
> on the problem at hand I have installed v23 in /usr and v18
> in  /usr/local
> however and this is probably just an example, no switches that I have
> tried will persusde gnome-db to use v18
>  have tried --with-bonobo=/usr/local
> --with-bonobo-includes=/usr/local/include
> --wth-bonobo-libs=/usr/local/lib
> --with-bonobo=/usr/local/bin/bonobo-conf
>  posted to gnome-db and got redirected back here

Just be patient and wait until these packages stabilize a bit more.  I've been
tracking bonobo because I plan on using it for the application that I'm
developing, but it seems like the API changes every two or three days.

If you're more interested in experimentation, just check out the relevant code
from CVS.  Then usually everything will be in synch.

John

--
John GOTTS <jgotts linuxsavvy com>  http://www.linuxsavvy.com/staff/jgotts