Re: Java running slow in Gnome

"Andrew R. Post" wrote:

> My experience is that Jdk1.2.2 for Linux reacts very badly with Sawmill:
> default window positioning is partially off the upper left corner of the
> screen, Swing GUI elements are cut-off at the edges of windows, and
> general slowness. Running mwm instead makes these problems go away.
> Perhaps the same interactions occur with Sawmill on Solaris.

I'm having the same positioning problems using enlightenment as well. I have
had the same positioning problem since I switched to Linux. I've been told it's
a problem with the jdk but the blackdown team say it's a problem in XFree86.
For some reason though, my work computer, with the same software, doesn't have
the problem.

--
Glenn Valenta   Engineering @ http://www.coloradostudios.com
valenta home com Personal mail http://402721926:5829/