GNOME Desktop font - cannot set ???

Hi all:

I am trying set the font used to display the GNOME
desktop. I did set the font in the Gnome-control-panel
for both themes as well as the Sawfish-apprearance.
All items get displayed in this new font except two
things - the desktop and the right most pane in the
file manager. I found out that the desktop is actually
a sub process of the filemanager (???) but why is it
that I cant set the font for it?

-D