RH7.0+helix -> broken gmc etc?

Hey Gnomes,

Since installing the helix-gnome for rh7.0 I've been having all sorts of
problems.  E.g. trying to change the icons on the panel causes a crash,
I seem to remember this happened with gnome 1.0 as well.

The most irritating thing is that both gmc and nautilus aren't working
anymore.  In the case of gmc I get the feeling this is a simple problem:

[pete pug pete]$ gmc

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

GnomeUI-ERROR **: file gnome-icon-item.c: line 304
(get_default_font): assertion failed: (default_font != NULL)
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)
[pete pug pete]$
[pete pug pete]$ rpm -q gmc