Re: Xscreensaver

Paul,

I do not know the asnwer but I have some questions which may help us get at the
answer.

Does the version of xscreensaver you are using use PAM? Running ldd on the
binary should tell you.

I assume that the password prompt appears but when you enter the correct
password the screen is not unlocked. Is the xcreensaver binary setuid to root?

Can you rlogin to the system in question and truss xscreensaver while attempting
to unlock the screen?

Padraig

> To: <gnome-list gnome org>
> Subject: Xscreensaver
>
> Hello all........I have the Solaris 7 problem fixed thanks to Mark Bowyer.
Now, when the screen save locks, I can't unlock it.