Re: merging cdplayer_applet and gtcd

Hi all,

> From: Josh Steiner <joschi eds org>
> I just started looking into making some changes to cdplayer_applet and
> gtcd to make them a little more consistant and wanted to get your
> opinions.
>
> i would like to add cddb track name support into the panel app so that
> when you click on the track number display, a menu with the tracks like in
> gtcd pops up and lets you change the track.  i would also like to add a
> tooltips to the panel app, and it really should be sharing the
> configuration with gtcd since to the user they feel like diferent
> instances of the same app (if they don't like the tooltips, they won't
> have to turn them off in two diferent places to get stop them in the cd
> players).  So i could go about adding the preference support by
> cut'n'pasting code from gtcd into cdplayer_applet , but i think it is much
> cleaner to simply merge the two apps into one directory so that
> cdplayer_applet can share the preferences and cddb code.  what do you
> think?

I think it's a jolly good idea indeed !
Another idea : I have got two CDRom drives and as far as I know the
CD Player applet works only with /dev/cdrom. On the other hand, gtcd
lets you configure which device you want to use.
I am not satisfied by either way. What I would like is to be able to
define a list of devices to use. A right click on the CD Player applet
would enable to change dynamically the CD I want to listen to by
changing the drive.
Would that be feasible ?

Cheers.
 Fabrice