Re: bug-buddy 1.1 "West Nile" released

Hi, bug-buddy sounds interesting. I'm an english freelance journalist, currently in San Francisco, reporting on linux-related developments / events for UK media. I have to put together some news for Linux Format (the UKs only national print linux mag) for tomorrow. If you could get me some info asap I'd love to put it in. I'm not too hot on the technical side of these things, so if you could explain it grandma syle, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for your help.

John Leaver.

From: jacob helixcode com (Jacob "Ulysses" Berkman)
To: gnome-announce-list gnome org
CC: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: bug-buddy 1.1 "West Nile" released
Date: 04 Oct 2000 18:46:18 -0400

Hello,

From the murky depths of the Mighty Charles, a new version of
everyone's favorite B2B eCommerce solutions tool is now available.

The goal of bug-buddy is to make reporting bugs very simple and easy
for the user, while making the reports themselves more useful and
informative for the developer.

 * Availability:

- ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/bug-buddy/bug-buddy-1.1.tar.gz

 * Fixes:

        - lots of compilation warnings are now gone

        - updated translations

 * Improvements:

        - Some email validation is now done (based on a patch from
          Robert Brady <robert suse co uk>)

        - IRIX support (David Kaelbling <drk sgi com>)

        - doesn't call gdb on directories (for evolution)

This release was brought to you by the letter `b' and the letter `t'.

Jacob
--
"I've got nothing to say but that's ok." -- John Lennon