Re: RH7.0 Use Power Management stopped working.

Since this apparently seems to be an X related issue and not a Gnome issue
anymore i am now in the wrong mailing list. My appologies.
Below my comments in the mail.

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 10:50:50AM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Jan Houtsma <jan houtsma net> writes:
> >
> > Before (RH6.2) it worked fine. Now on the exact same computer after
> > a clean install of RH7.0/Workstation/Gnome (XFree86-4.0.1-1) my monitor
> > doesn't power off anymore after enabling it in Gnome Control Panel.
> >

> Did you select X4 specifically or did the installer choose it?
> Normally the installer will only install X4 if X3 doesn't support your
> card, which apparently it does since you had 6.2. Anyway, X3 might
> work better, I don't know though.

Well, I did a clean workstation install via ftp. So not an upgrade but
a new install.  Apparently it automatically selected X4. X3 worked fine
for me on RH6.2 with the SVGA server. I have no clue why the install "gave"
me X4. I asumed it just was the standart in RH7.0.

> If you bought the box, this probably counts as install support (but
> don't quote me, I don't know the policy), so you could email support
> and see if they know.

Nope. ftp. so no support :-)

> > The xscreensaver does work correctly.
> > Anyone else noticed this or is it just me? And how do i 'fix' this?
> >
> > btw what i also noticed is that my mouse scroll wheel doesnt work anymore.
> > Not with imwheel and also not with Xresource settings i had in RH6.2.
> >

> I seem to remember something about an XF86Config change to get this
> running.

Yea. prolly about the "ZAxisMapping 4 5" which is in there by default.
Or did i miss something there?

Thanks,
jan
--