gnome-terminal: BadMatch on SGI display

Here is what happens when I try to start gnome-terminal on a Linux box
after rlogin from an SGI O2 workstation:

indonesia:~ : gnome-terminal
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

The problem started occurring in gnome-core 1.2.1 (I think), and it's
still there in the version I checked out from the CVS archive yesterday.

This looks a lot like a visual handling error that we have also seen on
some other applications, including AbiWord. I think someone at HelixCode
knew more about this. Bugs like this tend to uncover themselves on the
O2 due to it's advanced configuration when it comes to number of
graphics modes, visuals etc. I guess the bottom line is that the XFree
server isn't really suitable for testing because it's far too
simplistic.

- Toralf