Re: debs and deps

pod flashmail com writes:
> hi all,
>
> is anyone having dependency problems with debian packages?
>
> it seems to be a version number problem with the helix suffix, but it
> may just be a result of my system being in a state of chaos.
>
> the affected packages for me are rep-gtk-gnome and libgdk-pixbuf-gnome2.
>
> just curious if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

Please take this up with Helix Code -- the HelixGnome packages are not
supported by gnome-list.

To answer your question, I did see the "problem" above.  It is just
that the Debian maintainers have chosen to redo their packaging of
'sawfish' and HelixCode hasn't caught up.  For the time being, just
hold the "sawfish" and "sawfish-gnome" packages to their helix
versions.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ harinath cs umn edu