Re: Moving windows between virtual desktops (workspaces)

You need to make the open application "sticky".  That way, it will show up on all of your workspaces/desktops.
You can do this by right clicking on the window border and choosing "stick".

tim maths tcd ie wrote:

> Renze de Ruiter wrote:

> > > An ever returning question: How do I move a window from one
> > > desktop/workspace to another? Why can't I use Desk Guide to do it? Or
> > > can I?
> >
> > Click and drag on the Desk Guide using the middle mouse button.
>
> ... and it stops when I try to move it across the edge and over to the

A much simpler newbie question --
why does my GNOME sometimes not remember what windows were open
in the different desktops?
(It puts all the windows onto the first desktop.)

I'm running RedHat-7.0 (kernel-2.4.0-test11).