Re: does gaim do anything for you?

I'm running through a regular dialup connection and Gaim works fine for
me. I only use it to chat with a single friend who lives in another city
and I simply added his screen name to my "Buddies" list. Whenever he
logs on (he's an AOL user), I get that chime - it really wakes me up
when I'm up late hacking. Are the other users AOL members, or other AIM
users? I don't know if that makes a difference...

Mike