Re: default panel

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 11:33:50AM -0000, Alan Patterson wrote:
> 	I am trying to restore the default gnome setup for a user.
> I mv all the .gnome-* dirs to *.old versions as well as .sawfish
>
> However, when I log in again the panel still displays the old settings.
> I.e. the old buttons and applets instead of the defaults.
>
> Am I missing a directory removal or something else ?

I now know more about panel's config files than I ever wanted to know
trying to achieve the exact opposite - to supply local site defaults.

The config files for panel are in ~/.gnome/panel and ~/.gnome/panel.d/, if
you want Gnome's panel defaults to come up, nuke these.  If you want a
particular configuration to come up, put it there.  Note that there are
some hard-coded paths in ~/.gnome/panel.d/default/Applet_Config, changing
that is an exercise in sed.  =)

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd debian org>               GnuPG key 1024D/DCF9DAB3

Software is like sex, it's better when it's free.     -- Linus Torvalds