Re: Problem when Gnome starting...

>From: Mirko Bonazza <Mirko Bonazza icn siemens it>

>I have an problem when my Gnome desktop starting....
>The Problem is:
>IMLIB : SHM shared memory : ld.so.1 ....

A couple of possibilities.  The first is your Shared Memory settings in the
kernel.  Check your /etc/system file.  It needs to contain lines like:

        set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
        set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
        set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
        set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10

If not, add them (as root) and reboot.

>When my Gnome system starting , i view all icons black, and in Gnome
>menu i'm not view icons......why??
>My library libpng is 1.0.6 and are installed in the Gnome directoty/lib
>(es. myHome/Gnome/lib)..

This could be because your libImlib library isn't able to find and dynamically
load your libpng library.  Try running ldd on the libImlib.so file and see if
libpng shows up.  Make sure your environment includes the directory in which
these libraries are kept - set LD_LIBRARY_PATH if necessary.

I've run this stuff on everything from Solaris 2.6 through the latest Solaris 9
Alpha and it *does* work - it's just a matter of configuration.

Good luck,

---------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful---------
o o                                          mailto:Moredhel earthling net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.    http://Moredhel.i.am    mailto:Mark Bowyer UK Sun COM
`-'  "Micro$oft have performed an illegal operation and will be shut down"