Re: gnome-print missing?

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:01:06 Himanshu Gohel wrote:
> Try this in your shell:
>
> % gnome-config
>
> and look at the output.  There should be an option to print the version
> of gnome-print that you have.  See if that returns the correct version.
>
> BTW, I had a problem with balsa-1.0-pre4 - it compiled eventually,
> but I had to remove -lprint from the link line otherwise I got
> errors.   Luckily I haven't had the need print anything at home,
> so it hasn't been a problem.  I'll try again with Balsa 1.0.
>
> Himanshu

This is what i get after running gnome-config (it does not appear to be any
gnome-print here)

[root iib005 downloads]# gnome-config
Usage: gnome-config [OPTION]... [LIBRARY]...

Generic options
  --version	output gnome version information.
  --modversion  output the module version information.
  --help	display this help and exit.

Compilation support options
  --cflags	print pre-processor and compiler flags
  --libs	print library linking information
  --libs-only-L	only print the -L/-R part of --libs
  --libs-only-l only print the -l part of --libs

Install directories gnome-libs was configured to
  --prefix  --exec-prefix  --bindir  --sbindir  --libexecdir  --datadir
  --sysconfdir  --sharedstatedir  --localstatedir  --libdir  --infodir
  --mandir  --includedir

Known values for LIBRARY are:

    glib	(calls glib-config)
    idl         (to be used with orbit-idl)
    gnome
    gnomeui
    gnorba
    gtk		(calls gtk-config)
    gtkxmhtml	(only --libs)
    zvt		(only --libs)

If LIBRARY is none of these,

    /usr/lib/<LIBRARY>Conf.sh

is looked in for the necessary information.  Those currently installed
appear to be:

applets, capplet, docklets, ghttp, libIDL, libart, libglade, libgtop,
obGnome, xml

I tried searching in /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib to no avail.
Doing a 'locate gnome-print' revealed a dir named gnome-print under
/usr/share that contains profiles (?).

[root iib005 downloads]# ls /usr/share/gnome-print/0.25/profiles/
PostscriptOptimized.profile  pdf.profile
[root iib005 downloads]# ls /usr/share/gnome-print/profiles/
Postscript.profile

There is no other trace of anything named gnome-print in my filesystem ...
However i have several files named like 'libgnomeprint'

[root iib005 downloads]# locate libgnomeprint
/usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.6
/usr/lib/libgnomeprint.so.6.3.1

and

[root iib005 downloads]# ls /usr/local/lib/libgnomeprint.* -l
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root      6847166 Nov 17 20:06
/usr/local/lib/libgnomeprint.a
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root          681 Nov 17 20:06
/usr/local/lib/libgnomeprint.la
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           23 Nov 17 20:06
/usr/local/lib/libgnomeprint.so -> libgnomeprint.so.11.1.1
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           23 Nov 17 20:06
/usr/local/lib/libgnomeprint.so.11 -> libgnomeprint.so.11.1.1
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root      1368110 Nov 17 20:06
/usr/local/lib/libgnomeprint.so.11.1.1

But i don't know the meaning of these and how can i tell gnome-config of
their presence.

Any help will still be appreciated. Thanks.

Fernan

--