Re: gdiskfree

Shane Oconnor ireland sun com (2000-11-07 at 1648.44 +0000):
> Can anyone tell me how to set up gdiskfree (ver 1.2, is there a later version?)
> so that it only displays the drives that I want. Currently it displays every
> disk drive/partition and is pretty enormous in size. It opens with the left-hand
> side visible and I have to drag it accross my screen 4-5 times before I can see
> the right-hand side.

It seems you can not currently (I use 1.2.1.). I have similar problem
than you, I have many partitions, and more if mount network disks...
so my gdiskfree is a xterm with df, as it ocupies less, gives more
info and I can copy and paste info. ;]

I mailed the coder asking some features and reporting a bug (try to
change from vertical to horizontal, it does not resize nicely). Things
I would like are using a table instead of single column or row (like
pager option), capability to remove the graphical meter, add other
info like used & avaliable space or select units (bytes, MB, KB, GB,
all in 1000 and 1024 user selectable steps).

He told me (IIRC, I could search in my old mailboxes) that he wants to
improve things, but has been unable to do so. I would recommend you to
mail the coder and ask politely for that extra features, so he sees
people want them, and so he decides to implement them or search
another mantainer that can.

GSR