Re: How do you minimize without closing

Rik Burt <rikb home com> writes:
> I cant seem to get windows to minimize.  If I minimize the window closes.  I
> have tried playing with options in the sawfish wm but to no avail.
> Thanks for any help.

Assuming you're pressing the minimize button, not the close one, the
window isn't closed, it's just off-screen. You can put it back with
the task list panel applet, and also most window managers provide a
way (e.g. Alt-middle click on the background in Sawfish to get a menu,
go to the Windows submenu to choose a minimized window).

Havoc