Re: Bug: flickering auto-hide panel.

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 08:10:20PM -1200 or thereabouts, ryan wrote:
> I've recently installed Helix Gnome on Mandrake 7.2, and noticed a
> flickering panel (when the panel is auto-hide) when an app is maximised,
> the panel will flicker when you move the mouse over the panel.
> I'm using Windowmaker 0.62.1(gnome/kde enabled)+gnome panel ..and no
> GMC.

I don't know whether flicker is the best word for it, but I can't
find a better one. I don't maximise apps, but I see the panel
flickering when:

o - I extend the base of an application window until it just overlaps
the panel slightly and leave the mouse there.
o - I leave the mouse over a panel which is just visible between two
gnome-terminals (panel is vertical, between the two, normally _under_
the two) and change workspace with keyboard bindings whilst the mouse
pointer is over "where the panel would be visible were it not for
the gnome-terminals overlapping".

The CPU load applet goes quite mad when I do this. It's eating a lot of
CPU.

It seems as though GNOME isn't sure whether the "keep panel on top
of windows" option in the control-center is selected or not, and it
keeps trying to redraw each alternative.

I first saw this in one of the 1.1.x gnome-core packages and I could
swear I reported the bug then, but apparently I didn't, because I can't
find it.

This happens to me on a RH 7.0 box upgraded from a RH 6.1 box running
mostly October GNOME with gnome-core and gnome-applets 1.1.x, where
it also happened. No Helix packages involved. Like you, I don't use
gmc and I do use Window Maker.

Have you filed a bug in the bug-tracker? If so, I'll add my bits to
it; otherwise I'll file it.

Telsa