2 users, same settings, different results ??

I have had a problem for some time, now, that continues to confound me...

There was a time, early on in RH6.1, where 'root' was running
gnome/enlightenment and user 'joe' was running gnome/sawmill.  This was
about a year ago.

Probably, one gnome update before helix came on the scene, I switched
'root' to gnome/sawmill.  Now, after several helix gnome/sawfish updates,
including tonight's, I continue to have a problem...

Even though, both 'root' and 'joe' are running the same gnome control
center program/version, the same sawfish version, and the same theme,
'gcc' doesn't always show/offer the same choices in a sub-section for both
users.  Both 'root' and 'joe' are running at the 'expert' choices level.

'joe' has the setup that I'm trying to match for 'root', and when I go
through 'gcc' for both at the same time I can't always match them in a
couple of places due to different choices.

In both, a window selected on "mouse enter" does NOT automatically move to
the top layer.  For 'joe', clicking on a window title bar with the right
mouse button moves a window from the top layer to the bottom layer and
vice versa, which I prefer.  While for 'root', clicking on a window title
bar with the right mouse button brings up a menu from which a 'root' needs
to select from a sub-menu to move the window from top to bottom layers and
vice versa.  This really bugs me.  Fortunately, I don't start an
Xserver for 'root' that often.

This has been going on for some time, now.

Does anyone have any idea on what's happening, and how I can get the
setups for 'root' to match 'joe's?

Thank you.
                            - Martin J. Brown, Jr. -
                            - mjbjr beaudesign com -