goad...

I wrote a simple applet today, mainly to reassure myself I still could
after a short hiatus... It works fine when I run it from the command
line.  But when I make a desktop and gnorba file and install them in their
proper locations, the panel crashes whenever I run the applet from the menu.

I removed the --enable-goad-server=my_applet line from the gnorba file,
only to have my applet not show up in the menu any longer. (neato)  The
applet was pretty much an exact copy of the example applet in the HOWTO
document on the developer.gnome.org site.

I checked and rechecked the entries in both the gnorba and desktop files,
even went to lengths of adding CORBA support to the applet (as shown in the
Wanda applet), thinking maybe that would help (not sure why I was thinking
that).

Anyone have any ideas?  Is there some trick I'm missing?  Perhaps I'll
figure it out after going to sleep in a few minutes, but perhaps one of you
will have a nice answer for me in the morning;)

Also, when I asked for capplet docs today, I was referred to a normal
applet doc... Not what I wanted ;)  I figure it out from the
mouse-properties capplet, so I don't need the doc anymore, but there isn't
one out there... Perhaps there should be (I'd volunteer, but I'm not
experienced enough yet, perhaps I'll do it if noone else does by the time
I've got it all figured out)

P.S. - 1.2 rocked guys, fantastic work