Re: Gnome 1.2

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 11:28:56AM -0400 or thereabouts, Billie H. Cleek wrote:
> Ok, I'm having some problems rpm -ta 'ing the tarballs. I mc won't tarball
> because it says it needs stylesheets. I thought I'd go ahead an install

Can't help with the rest of the problems, but 'stylesheets' is a package
to do with converting documentation in DocBook format (which docs are
written in) to formats like HTML (which gnome-help-browser likes).

Not -sure- about this, but you will probably need sgml-common, docbook
and jade as well as stylesheets. You can find them all at
ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/docbook-tools/docware/
in tarball or rpm format (note: all but jade are noarch rpms, not i3x6)
or on your distro's ftp site. These tools are included on the CDs of
Red Hat 6.2, the last couple of Mandrakes and are in current Debian
stuff anyway, so you may find you have them knocking around anyway,
before you go hunting ftp sites.

I suppose you could also remove the stuff about building documentation
from the Makefile/specfile/whatever, but I wouldn't really know where
to start with that.

Telsa