Re: www.gnome.org != port 80

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 12:44:53AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Is there a reason that the GNOME site does not use the standard port 80 for
> web service?

> Because I sit behind a corporate firewall, and only port 80 is allowed out I
> am unable to view/download most of the stuff on the GNOME web site.

If you're refering to port 65348, this is a temporary measure. When we moved
to the new site, some content was not migrated over yet, so we're running the
old site on that port so we can link in stuff from it. In the course of the
next week or so, we'll be migrating all that content, and everything will
happily reside on the port 80 site.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Helix Code webmaster - joakim@helixcode.com - Radagast@IRC
     FIX sysop - free software coder - FIDEL & Conglomerate developer