desktop icon for fd0 (like cdrom)

Hello Gnomerans!

I just installed Red Hat Linux on my PC
and it came up automatically with a desktop
icon for cdrom (along with several for Red Hat
and one for the Home Directory).

When I right click on that cdrom icon,
a menu pops up with Mount Device, Eject Device
as the first two options then the usual options
for a directory or file.

Point is, I want this same kind of icon only for my
floppy drive but I can't find out how to make one.

In the GNOME documentation I could not find
anything discussing how to make these icons
or about their different types. I did see a brief
section about the fact they are simple, drag and drop...
but nothing about how they are made, presumably
since copying it to the desktop is trivial.

Well, not so for me anyway. I tried copying
the cdrom to fd0 and got error msgs:

[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$ ls -lF
total 5
lrwxrwxrwx   1 brown    users          11 Aug 20  1999 Home directory ->
/home/brown/
-rw-r--r--   1 brown    users          27 Apr  4 20:00 RH.com
-rw-r--r--   1 brown    users          38 Apr  4 20:00 RHerrata
-rw-r--r--   1 brown    users          27 Apr  4 20:00 RHgnome
-rw-r--r--   1 brown    users          39 Apr  4 20:00 RHldp
-rw-r--r--   1 brown    users          32 Apr  4 20:00 RHsupport
lrwxrwxrwx   1 brown    users          10 Apr  4 20:00 cdrom ->
/mnt/cdrom/
lrwxrwxrwx   1 brown    users          11 May 19 18:25 fd0 ->
/mnt/floppy/
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$ cp cdrom test
cp: cdrom: omitting directory
[brown@mslmcf ~/.gnome-desktop]$

So, praytell what does "omitting directory" mean?

So then I tried inside of the Home Directory windows-explorer type
file manager window, to right click on cdrom and then
copy it to test, which it did, then I renamed this
to be fd0 and then redirected its symbolic link to
/mnt/floppy and now there it is. (I also had to change its
icon which luckily was easy enough).

BUT now when I right click on it the
MOUNT DEVICE, EJECT DEVICE are not
options in the menu list but the other file/directory
options are there OK.

Does anyone know how to get the mount and
eject device options into the pull down meny
on this fd0 desktop icon?

or to where must I go to find this answer
what book to read, what section page number....
it was not in the online doc I checked

Thanks very much for anyone's help.
DHB