Newbie Qs: How do I add AfterStep to Session options? How can I share desktop settings between root and user account?

Hi there-

I'm looking for help on how to do two things:

1) I've just installed AfterStep and I'd like it to show up in the Session
drop-down list at the Gnome login screen.  How does one do this?

2) I'd like to have my regular user account and the root account share some
if not all of my Gnome and window manager settings so that for example, if I
add an app launcher to my quick-launch app, it gets added to both my root
login and my regular user login.  Is this possible?  Is it as simple as
creating a symbolic link between the Gnome configuration file(s)?  Which
files do what?

TIA,
Mark

Mark Marino