Re: Evolution and bonobo

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 03:50:48PM +0000, xtra <rpbrown@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2000 22:31:54 -0400 (EDT), Billie H. Cleek said:
> > Did you make sure that bonobo had the same $PREFIX as gnome?
>
> whatever the default PREFIX helix gnome uses.

    I posted the original message, and I finally got GNOME to compile.
All my RPMs where installing into /usr/bin, /usr/lib, etc.  However,
the tarballs of the latest-and-greatest that I installed defaulted to
/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib, etc.  I still had the packages
untarred and 'made', so I reran ./configure with '--prefix=/usr', did
a make (just to be sure, but it didn't do much), and then a make
install.  That fixed the problem and enabled gnome-config to find all
necessary components.  I was finally able to build evolution.

    Note that one package (I forget which) installed libraries into
/usr/lib/lib for some reason.  I'm not sure if that was my error, or a
reprocible problem.  If things still don't work, you might want to
look for this.

--
Bob Bell		Compaq Computer Corporation
Software Engineer	110 Spit Brook Rd - ZKO3-3U/14