Re: nautilus plugins and esound vs aRts

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 12:04:07PM -0300, Cristian Molina wrote:
> I read this in kde dev news:
> 1)
>    Konqueror now supports Netscape plugins! Look here
>      (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=95668246215371&w=2)
>    for some screenshots of a flash application running in Konqi.
> Is there any plans to do that in our FM ?

Nautilus can use Mozilla as a rendering engine. When Mozilla does plugins
then Nautilus will be able to (though some cleverness with mime-types might
be required).

> 2)
> aRts C API Ready
> What are the advantages and disadvantages of this two, i mean which is
> better because i think we need a common sound server.
> (+ api info: http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde/arts-mcop-doc/artsc.html )

ESD sucks. The latency is /far/ too high for doing and music (composition)
work.

Ian

--
Ian  McKellar |    Email: yakk(a)yakk.net |    Web: http://www.yakk.net/
Area: +61 (8) | Home: 9389 9152 | Fax/Voice: 9260 2903 | Work: 9384 4700