Network Configuration Utility

Hello,
   I'm not sure where to post this question, which is really what I'm
asking.
I'm establishing a DSL Internet connection through an ethernet card
(eth0), and setting this up through the Network Configuration Utility. (
System / Control Panel )   When I go to activate the connection, the
dialog box hangs up, and the only way I can do anything else is to log
out, and log back in.  When I log in again, the ethernet connection is
"active", and my DSL is working fine.   Without going into detail, I
need to get into the correct forum to ask what the problem is, and I
don't see any forum for this in Gnome.   Can someone direct me to the
correct mailing list?

Thankyou,
Robert Krueger