Problem with mice in console after Gnome

Hello, another problem

When i log onto the system before going to X, mice works fine i can use
gdm copy text with righ button etc.

After having logged to X on gnome session and returned to console, mice
behaves weird. I dont have a cursor anymore and when i move the mouse,
weird white lines appear on top of screen and i even get weird command
lines which get printed.

I actually had the same problem when I after invoking Imwheel before I
had Gnome installed so I stopped using Imwheel.

I have RH5.2 with E16.

Any ideas ?